Bhutan Samtegang Trek
Samtengang Trek is a short and easy trek in Bhutan, and possible throughout the whole winter. The route passes through the villages on Punakha valley which makes up for some of the most fertile place in Bhutan.
Visit the impressive Dzong (fortresses), former palaces, Hindu Temples and Buddhist monasteries!
Hike through the ridge top Goembas (monasteries) and meet the monks.
Hike through the terraced farmlands and villages, visit the farmhouses and meet the villagers.
Attend the local festivals and events.
Visit the vibrant markets and towns.
Exciting jungle safari rides.
Explore the cave, gorge and hike the mountain viewpoints!
Visit the traditional arts and crafts workshops, meet the artisans, weavers and painters!
And much more…
NOTE: The price is per person (Based on 2 pax)
Duration: 13 days
Max elevation: 3000 m
Best time: Mar-Jun/Sep-Dec
Arrival to Kathmandu (1315m)
Kathmandu city sightseeing
Kathmandu – Paro (2180m)
Paro – Thimphu (2320m)
Thimphu – Punakha (1250m)
Trek Punakha to Limukha (2000m)
Trek Limukha to Chungsakha (1500m)
Chungsakha – Samtengang (1800m)
Samtengang – Wangdue Phodrang (1300m)
Paro – Taktshang Monastery Hike (3000m)
Paro – Kathmandu
Sightseeing in Kathmandu (Optional: 1-hr mountain flight to Everest)
- Accommodation in Kathmandu in Aria Boutique Hotel & Spa in double room with breakfast
- Accommodation in standard hotel in Bhutan
- All meals in Bhutan (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Tours specified in the itinerary
- Airfare Kathmandu – Paro – Kathmandu
- Visa fee
- Tourism Development Fund
- Transportation within Bhutan
- English speaking guide (Government License holder)
- Museum fees and other special entry fees within Bhutan
- Travel insurance
- Sightseeing entrance fees in Kathmandu
- Lunch & dinner during stay in Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Hard or soft drinks
- Expenses of personal nature (phone calls, laundry etc)
- Services not mentioned in the “Included” section